Greetings!

Welcome to Hope Rising!

'When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know, And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly'
Author Unknown.


Through this journey, no matter what we've faced....our Faith has taught us how to 'stand' and 'how to fly'

Please join us on our journey of Hope. Some times we are 'standing' and some times we are 'flying' - but one thing is for sure....our two amazing children (Will and Sasha) have been the biggest blessings in our lives.
While they struggle through life-threatening illnesses, they also show us how incredible life truly is. Their joy, laughter, fierceness, and tender spirits lift us and carry us through any storm we've had to weather!

Monday, February 2, 2009

2nd Entry.....the world around us goes on....

It's funny how the world around us continues to move along despite what goes on in an individuals' particular life...

I was driving home from picking up my daughter from school this morning and I glanced over to the woman in the car next to me....she was bee-bopping along in her own little microcosm without a care in the world. I glanced in my rear view mirror and a gentleman appeared to be having a heated discussion with someone on the other end of his cell phone. I was hurried in my travels - completely intent on getting home the quickest route possible so I could squeeze lunch, paperwork, therapy, and a moment to catch up on my computer tasks.

The moments still continued to pass at their ever monotonous march - yet, I imagine that, to the woman in the car next to me, those moments were likely carefree. The man behind me I would reckon was wishing to possibly rewind time and avoid the discussion he was enduring at the present moment....and I.....well, I was wishing I could just slow each moment down just a little bit so there'd be more time in the day to get everything done while still finding the time to enjoy my family.

Our existences are separate yet connected in their own unique way. Each person possesses their own trials, tribulations, joys and triumphs. To me, each trial, tribulation, joy and triumph is real unto the eye of the beholder.....
All too often I hear my beloved friends comment on how their struggles are nothing compared to what we face. To hear that breaks my heart because the reality is that each of us have battles to wage - and, to each of us, those battles are real, difficult, and sometimes those battles even bring us to our knees. There is no battle that I view to be less than or more than another. We are each given what we can handle - and that load is never something to be judged by another.

What connects us is that we ALL have a battle to wage....we ALL are fighting for something in our lives, and we ALL rejoice and have triumphs. The battles, the wars, the celebrations and the triumphs may not be the same as the triumph and celebration of someone else....but they are battles, wars, celebrations and triumphs nonetheless.

Today, I was reminded of this as I thought of the woman in the car - celebrating a joyful and happy moment in her own little world....and the man behind me who was having an argument with someone on the other end of the phone while I was stressing about finding enough time in the day.

Life still went on....for all of us.....but in different ways and with different outcomes and results.....

Every day is a new day....and life goes on.....no matter what the battle, the war, the joy, the triumph.....

The blessing is that we get to share these with each other. We can embrace each other during the battles and wars and we can rejoice with each other through the triumphs and celebrations.

Personally, I look forward to sharing the good and the bad with my friends because it enriches the soul and lifts the spirit.

I'm all for the good times, but when the bad times come my friends, please know that I am here - no matter what is going on in my own little world here!
Off to play a board game with the kiddos!!!!
Check ya later!
Stefani

No comments:

Post a Comment