Greetings!

Welcome to Hope Rising!

'When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know, And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly'
Author Unknown.


Through this journey, no matter what we've faced....our Faith has taught us how to 'stand' and 'how to fly'

Please join us on our journey of Hope. Some times we are 'standing' and some times we are 'flying' - but one thing is for sure....our two amazing children (Will and Sasha) have been the biggest blessings in our lives.
While they struggle through life-threatening illnesses, they also show us how incredible life truly is. Their joy, laughter, fierceness, and tender spirits lift us and carry us through any storm we've had to weather!

Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a new day

Driving through the majestic mountains yesterday and then the scenery in GA - I am reminded just how amazing this earth really is. I just wish there was more time and money to see MORE of this beautiful place. I look at my children and I am just speechless over their exuberance and joy despite what they endure - what a lesson they can teach us all.It was great to wake up to warmth and the brightness of a new day. As I sit here taking in the sounds of birds chirping and the children laughing...the weight of the next few days looms heavy in my heart. I don't know what lies ahead for us and I fear the worst (while hoping for the best) - I was reminded of how quickly things can change by the loss of another 'mito' child over the weekend. He was just shy of 2 - 2 years younger than Sasha...I couldn't help but think of his family as we drove yesterday - as we anticipate our upcoming appointments hoping that we get better news - this family is grieving with the worst reality possible. As I woke up this morning and reveled in the beauty of a new day, I thought of how this 'new day' would dawn with Brody's family...and how his absence must feel....and I continue to think of how unfair and heartbreaking all of this is for SO many people...how much these children, families, adults have to fight just to LIVE life....but I digress....
Today will be busy; we will be unpacking and getting organized, doing infusions, organizing medical records so that everything is set tomorrow - AND trying to enjoy this beautiful day as I feel it is important to BE in the present (even if our thoughts are on things that lie ahead).
I am so blessed to have friends and family who have helped us through these times - and I am full of hope for the time that comes ahead.
As I was looking out the window, I was reminded of this song by David Crowder, "The Glory Of It All....the music is beautiful and it is comforting to think of things in this light....that, 'after all' we'll be okay.....and even though 'we will never be the same' we DO have HOPE...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-1yM6insA
More to come!
Blessings
Stefani

No comments:

Post a Comment